Friday, December 7, 2012

WWR Medic Grunt

Medic grunt is in the house! After a long and patient wait for the market to sell one at a reasonable price without a square, I finally got it! In my initial gullible stages, I got conned by a shop into purchasing the square at a premium, and I'm not that big a fan of squares to get another one.


Unboxing.





Lots of things come with the grunt and they are all packed neatly. Head is wrapped in a plastic bag, no doubt to prevent scratching of paint off the face by the gas mask. The clam shell was probably designed for the original grunts, so the first aid box is stuck on behind the clam shell by tape.


Grunt's shitload of accessories includes - handgun, shotgun, rifle with scope, helmet, arm shield, tons of bags and pouches, the first aid box and extra wrist pegs.


Big backpack and more waist pouches.


The front pistol holster and pouches are velcroed on to the vest of the grunt.


...and can be easily removed. There are several layers of clothing on the grunt that can be removed too, but I'm too lazy to do it this time round. Perhaps when I change up the poses next time.


Grunt face beside the mask!



Closer look at the accessories.




First aid box opens up to show a tray that can be lifted up.


The extra contents include a bonesaw and two bandage wraps.


Grunt's trigger hand, which incidentally holds his guns very well, unlike other molded hands on my other figures. I have no idea why 3A couldn't follow the same specs.


Other hand forming almost a closed grip but with a gap in between, perfect for inserting the handle of the first aid box.


The usual molded boots, similar to what I've seen on Barguest.


 Fully kitted medic grunt ready to roll!


The grunt has great articulation like other figures, hindered only by the boots. Love the hands though. It fits all the weapons snugly, unlike Barguest and the NOMs who have issues holding their revolvers properly.

The other issue is the helmet which is super loose. It fell off the head many many times while I was fiddling with the grunt. Unless you want your helmet a-clattering on the ground all the time, pose first and put on the helmet after. I didn't take a photo of it, but there's a little triangular protrusion inside the helmet that prevents it from sitting deep on the head. I read that some people cut it out to improve the fit, and the EMGY version doesn't even have it.

Anyway, a simple pose to start grunt off with as I set him up in my display.



No comments:

Post a Comment