Thursday, May 30, 2013

WWR Peaceday EMGY Dropcloth 1.5

*Warning. Image heavy post.*

After a long wait, my first official Bambaland order has finally arrived! I still recall vividly F5-ing amidst tutorials and lectures to secure the EMGY and GID DCs. Alas, I've decided to give up the GIDs as they are simply too candy and childish-looking for my taste. The Peaceday and EMGY though, are a different story altogether. Some unboxing pictures first.








Right out of the box, one difference should jump out at you - Peaceday comes with a poster!


And the reason why EMGY is heavier - the controversial shield. 




Weapons all laid out. Besides the shield, EMGY comes with a baton too. Love how the two sets of weapons are accented differently, instead of a standard base colour with just the pink or yellow accents in the same place.


The controversial shield. Initially was announced without a shield, but popped up as a surprise. On its own it looks pretty ok actually, but pales in comparison with the older 1.0 DC and grunt's shields, which seem a bit more realistically weathered. That said, I shall not comment much on it here, leave that to the forums and Facebook.



Side by side shots of the two. I actually love how the accents are done on EMGY. Some areas of worn silver, not just yellow and red. My only gripe is the Peaceday's ball joints are white! That can actually be seen from certain angles, unlike EMGY which has silver or yellow ball joints.






The DCs remain one of my favourite bots to date, and this 1.5 iteration is an excellent update. As seen from the photo above, the feet now have not one, but two joints! The original DC had a single piece foot that couldn't bend at all. The 1.5 also has double jointed elbows, an excellent move that made me wonder why they didn't follow it up with double jointed knees too. 

One potential weakness I noticed was the arm shields though. The way they are attached - a ball joint to a thin long shaft to the shield, screams out for snapped pieces. My Peaceday had one rather stiff ball joint on the arm shield, and I was terrified that I would snap the shaft as I tried to loosen it. Fortunately, I managed to get it moving after some delicate prying. I would strongly suggest loosening all the joints on a regular basis. 

Now for some random shots of the two bots locked in combat. 












No comments:

Post a Comment