Monday, November 5, 2012

WWRp Heavy Bramble Mk 3


Ah, my first post here, and it starts with a big bad (miniaturised) robot. The Heavy Bramble marks my first Ashley Wood/3A toy I possess, caught up on a sudden whim after spotting it at a local toy shop two days ago. I'm not really a toy collector, though I do have some bad hoarding habits, so this might change from a whim to an addictive hobby. Who knows.

Anyway, on to the Bramble. Since I bought this without much research, I had no idea that the RRP was USD $65 and paid somewhat of a premium for it. Granted some 3A toys do fetch a pretty penny on the secondary market, I'm still too new in this to gauge whether I got ripped off terribly or just a weeny bit.


That said, one of the reasons I jumped on this was because I've seen Ashley Wood's stuff around before, just never really paid much attention to it actually being available locally. As a Gundam fan/collector, I saw Ashley's rendition of the Zaku which blew me away. I love robots, and I love post-apocalyptic stuff. His style was delightful! Too bad I can't afford monster anytime soon.

Looking at the Bramble, I'm impressed with the level of painting, weathering, and detail on it. It's something I always wanted to do with my Gundam kits but lack the time nor patience. Now I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, I'd been collecting the wrong things. Perhaps it'd be more fun to just collect fully painted figures and play with them instead. Plus these have better resale value.


Regardless, the Bramble is a work of art. I didn't even know there were so many versions, so I just jumped on a random colourway that caught my eye at the shop. Now that I've spent two days researching and looking at what's out there, I'm tempted by a Bromwich and an Iron Panda version. 

But...I don't print money, so I'll have to suck it up for now. Plus I bought a Nurse Betsy Mk 2 Square on impulse at a ripped-off price. Sigh. I guess that's my tuition fees in buying collectible toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment