Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My First Drop


14112012 0900 HKT. The Dropcloth drops.

This being my first time purchasing direct from Bambaland, I was terribly excited. Even without the 3AA discount, I was prepared to get at least two items, anticipating that at least one would be a secret drop. Fortunately HKT is the same as SGT.

At 0830 hours, I settled down in class with a cup of coffee and logged onto the F5 thread on the official 3A forums. Bambaland was loaded on my browser and ready, now I just had to wait. While alternating between reading boardie comments and refreshing the site in case of early drops, I noticed the PeaceDay and Ghost DIY up at around 0845! And off we go!

Within seconds, I had secured a PeaceDay. Not really interested in DIYs because I know I'll never get down to decorating any of them. 0848 and I was done. That was pretty anti-climatic. While posting on the boards though, I decided to hang around awhile more till 0900 to see if there were any extra drops - something a few forumers had suggested might happen.

Sure enough, sometime after 0900, an EMGY Dropcloth appeared! All I saw was the colourway, I didn't even bother to read the description, and I immediately checked it out. In the nick of time too, because once I was done and redirected back to Bamba, EMGY had disappeared.


All in all, a good, stress-free haul within the first 30 minutes.

Then I started refreshing some more and checking out the forums. Apparently there was going to be 6 Dropcloths in all! Bamba was starting to experience technical difficulties and the site went down. But before it did, there were some who spotted GIDs in THREE different colours! I was moving to the next class at the time and missed out.

Two more hours of errors, service unavailable, and millions of F5 key presses later, I finally saw the site up again and the blue GID. Tempting as it was, I had already bought two Dropcloths and could only afford one more at most. I took the risk and waited for the orange GID.

The blue GID disappeared. I started regretting and feeling all emo.

Then, as if to slap me in the face and say 'Stop EMO-ing biatch!', it appeared.


The rest, they say, is history.

So at the end of it all, I've got three Dropcloths and I'm not going back to check Bamba anymore lest I get tempted. Not too shabby for the first drop, but I'd say definitely very painful for my wallet. Gonna be dead broke and there'll be other stuff that need to go to recoup the funds spent here. Moral of the story - prep for at least one to two pieces extra of what you want to get next time.

Oh, and special guest appearance by...


Oyaloper! Now my 7Bones is complete! At least until the next one gets officially released.

No comments:

Post a Comment