Wednesday, December 19, 2012

SG BTQ

Been working on this for awhile, but it's almost done! 

BTQ without face mask and unpainted swords.

Awhile back, I was bemoaning the fact that I'd miss the Munich NTQ at the Guang Zhou show, so I decided to make my own version, the SG Blanc TQ. Mostly simple mods that were quite easy to do. The challenge was finding the right jacket and working on the daisho pair.

Base figure is the RVHK Yesterday Princess. I stole the hands from my Red Sham, using both trigger hands so I could wield Sham's gun as well. Sham gun and holster came from Pure Sham.

Swords are custom made, figured out that the best way to cut my blanks is still through scoring with a blade. Takes awhile, but the blank is much closer to what I want instead of using a saw and having to file down. I wanted to do a daisho pair consisting of a katana and a wakizashi. The sayas have the kanji for ice talon (katana) and ice fang (wakizashi) hand brushed on. 

Anyway, that's it for now, might want to add some design to the saya near the bottom and thicken the sword handles so she can hold them better.

Here's some simple poses. I need to learn how to pose them more dynamically.








1 comment: