Monday, December 3, 2012

WWRp Medic Bertie + MK1 Square

Got this a few days back, but the arrival of a number of toys, including the NOMs kinda put this on the back burner. Anyway, here's another WWRp addition to boost my medic squad. Together with my medic grunt who arrived recently as well, I now have 3 bots + 1 grunt in the squad!


One of the nice things I like about this box and the Large Martin Iron Panda that I have is the window. I wonder why 3A doesn't do this with all their bots - the Bramble could do with some loving too!


 It has some small text about the Bertie MK2's deployment history.


Not too sure what all the symbols are, but perhaps the colourways of the other Berties in the series. Ony recognise the JEA and Medic, and perhaps the skull is Gravedigger?



The bottom plastic clamshell is white, unlike the other clamshells I've seen so far which is transparent.


Pretty simple bot actually. A couple of pouches, a tiny backpack, and a small revolver holstered on the side. Of course, not forgetting the tiny Square MK1. The older 1/6th brother going now for well over 200USD. Crazy prices.


Bertie's colour is rather yellow and white. Not sure because this is a second hand piece or it just came out like that. Either way, it looks odd when put side by side with my Armstrong. I much prefer the Armstrong look which comes across like a battle-weathered machine than Bertie's yellowed old age look.



The revolver is really short and tiny, but the barrel can spin! That's a nice touch that they don't necessarily add to all their guns.


The joints and articulation of this is pretty standard in the limbs, while both the dome head and the torso mid-section can be rotated. Finger doesn't fit the revolver's trigger hole though.

My Bertie also has a stiff left shoulder joint - I can't twist it without fear of breaking it. The vinyl seems to have gone somewhat soft at the ball joint's anchor point to the torso, which suggests it might tear if I force the arm to turn. Someone suggested putting it in the freezer to harden it, add some oil, then try again. I'll do that when I feel brave enough one of these days.



Here's the square in it's full glory. Not much to say as I'm not a square fan.






Side view of Bertie

Bertie in the display cabinet. Stark contrast against Armstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment